Oooh bridal sessions! One of my favorite parts of my time together with brides! I honestly probably talk about them too much…but there are just so many benefits to a bridal session!
On our first call together, I will always ask a bride how she feels about a bridal session. Not to be pushy (totally understand if it’s not their cup of tea!) But if she says yes – OH MAN my heart skips a beat!
Let’s pause real quick!
If you’re like – WAIT what is a bridal session again?? I gotchu girl! I have a real simple guide to all the things you need to know about bridals! You can download it below!
Related blog: From a Bride’s Perspective: Why You Need to Book Bridals
Alright, back to all these benefits of a bridal session!
Here’s the most obvious benefit to having a bridal session:
You get beautiful bridal portraits!
But I’m here to tell you 21 (TWENTY ONE! That’s so many!) benefits to a bridal session! Not just that main obvious one!
21 Benefits to Having a Bridal Session
- Put your hair and make up trial to good use!
- Print + frame your favorite portraits to give as gifts to your parents on the wedding day.
- Use that portrait session time your venue offers for free – especially if you don’t want to use it for your engagement session!
- Wear in your wedding shoes (and decide if you really need that second pair for the reception)
- Spend extra ~quality time~ (p.s., my love language) with your photographer
- If there’s a wedding venue you loved but couldn’t book, have your bridal session there and still get gorgeous photos!
- Test out your hairstyle and make sure it’s exactly what you want.
- Learn what angles your dress photographs best in (your photographer will learn this too!)
- Gain some reception decor in the form of beautiful photos of you!
- Practice walking and making sure you aren’t going to trip!
- Bring your maid of honor so she can practice fluffing out your train!
- Triple check all of your alterations – usually they’re already done at this point but if something is poking you or still doesn’t sit right, you can take it back in!
- Practice sitting down so you know you’ll be able to eat dinner!
- Try out a bold lip color or statement jewelry you might not want to wear on the wedding day!
- If you have a special denim jacket, faux fur shrug, beaded fringe cover up, etc. etc. you’ll get a ton of super cute photos in it!
- Practice your signature dance moves in your dress 💃🏼
- Gain so much confidence you can bring to your wedding day!
- Make sure you still love your bouquet by having your florist make a smaller version for your bridals! (Or go a totally different direction with your bridal session bouquet just for fun!)
- Bring your mom so she can practice buttoning you up
- If your fur baby can’t come to your wedding day, get some cute portraits at your bridal session!
- A framed portrait makes a great gift for your future husband’s birthday, Christmas, etc.
Can you believe there are that many benefits to a bridal session?? I’m making a mental note right now to come back and revisit this list often – because I know there are more than just 21 reasons!
Don’t forget! If you want to learn more about bridal sessions, I’ve created a real easy guide just for you! It goes over the what, the how, and the why of bridals! Download it at the link below!
Til next time friends! If you have any questions about bridals, hit me up in the comments below!